Account Executive, Ticket Sales and Service
York 9 Football Club is a founding member of the Canadian Premier League (CPL) and begins play for the Inaugural Season of the CPL in 2019. Our Club is actively seeking to build a team of motivated, committed sales representatives looking to join an exciting opportunity in the sports and entertainment industry.
The Account Executive, Ticket Sales & Service is responsible for generating new business ticket revenue (and season seat retention) with additional sales responsibilities to include, but are not limited to, premium hospitality, suites, group sales and flex pack sales. The role is primarily focused on selling new season memberships through targeted prospecting, face to face meetings and your own personal network.
Specifically, the role is responsible for increasing revenue for the ticket sales and service team, while leveraging new and unique ideas that will create memorable experiences for fans.
If you are passionate about sports (specifically soccer) and interested in a career in Sports and Entertainment; have a willingness to learn and a commitment to excellence; we will provide a foundation of skills that will lead to success within the Club and beyond.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The expectation is the candidate will be active and responsible for the following areas:
- Responsible for selling season memberships, partial plans, group outing ticket packages, suites, and premium hospitality to corporations and the general public
- Prospect, engage and close group sales through targeted prospecting, meetings and networking channels
- Maintain a high level of customer service in all interactions with the community
- Develop and implement effective sales techniques by applying sales and service best practices, networking, prospecting, referral gathering, and personal database management
- Meet or exceed weekly/monthly/quarterly Ticketing team revenue and prospecting goals
- Work closely with VP, Ticket Sales & Service to ensure accurate fulfillment of all ticket transactions
- Participate in various Ticketing team and community events as assigned
- Maintain accurate records in support of ticket sales and service efforts as defined by the organization
- Positively contribute to the overall culture of the sales team by arriving at work every day with an upbeat attitude and ready to sell
- Other Tasks/Duties – Actively participate in all organizational game day experiences; attend all home games and will also assume other job function related duties not specifically defined in this offer as assigned by the candidate’s direct report
Measurements of Success
- Achieved or surpassed individual and Ticketing team revenue goals
- Establish a qualified prospect base through internal provided data, cold-calling, meetings and networking
- Actively participating in all ticket sales team meetings and events
QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE)
Job Specific Skills and Abilities:
- The successful candidate will have an established personal and professional network of contacts in York Region and Greater Toronto Area
- Must be a great communicator.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Can create, develop and nurture relationships
- Is positive, outgoing and enjoys sales.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Is self-motivated and gets out of bed every day excited about coming to work and driving revenue
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in marketing, business, sports administration or other related disciplines is an asset
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
Apply by sending your resume to Ben Zayandehroudi at BenZ@York9FC.ca